Mission & Values
Cedars Christian School partners with families in the Christian nurture and education of children—equipping, enabling, and encouraging students to cultivate godly character, pursue lifelong learning, and love the Lord Jesus Christ.
Cedars Christian School holds to four foundational principles intended to influence strategic decisions, develop and align school culture, and guide the growth of the Cedars community. They inform what we do and reflect our belief about who children are.
PERSONHOOD OF THE CHILD
GROWING GOD’S IMAGE BEARERS
A child’s purpose is to glorify and enjoy God and to grow to serve Him in a particular calling.
To help our students achieve this, we seek to:
- Love and respect every child
- Nurture the whole child (mind, body, soul)
- Foster a lifelong love of learning
- Help children form good habits and godly character
PARTNERING WITH FAMILIES
FAMILY: THE SEEDBED OF EDUCATION
Education is a life, and family is the fundamental structure in which life occurs.
Acknowledging this, we strive to:
- Encourage family culture and the life of the home
- Keep academic demands low on home days
- Be accommodating and flexible
- Keep tuition affordable
ENLARGING MINDS TO FULFILL GOD’S PURPOSE
Learning involves engaging with a “feast of ideas” to develop principled, critical, & creative thinking.
With this in mind, we emphasize:
- Living books and ideas
- Engaged learning (participation, narration)
- Integration of subjects and ages
- Minimal screen time
LOVING OUR COMMUNITY
GROWING WHERE WE’RE PLANTED
Learning is best accomplished in vital relationship with one’s surroundings.
To foster this, our curriculum emphasizes:
- Intentional time outdoors
- Learning local history and geography
- Partnerships with members of the community
- Opportunities for outreach and service